Downloading Music and Videos for an iPod

This is a short comparison of the two best unlimited iPod download centers on the internet. This review is similar to the one I wrote up a couple weeks ago relating to unlimited downloads for the new Microsoft Zune MP3 and video player. I received a very good response to that article so I thought I’d go out, do some research, and compare similar products for the iPod.

I will be comparing iPod Blender and My iPod Downloads, two of the most popular sites out there for unlimited music and video downloads for the popular iPod. These kinds of websites will be gaining popularity in the coming months as the advantage over pay-per-download websites such as iTunes becomes more and more apparent. The advantage really comes down to the fact that iTunes wants a fee of around $0.99 for each song you purchase from them. If you want to expand your digital music collection, you could spend thousands on iTunes. However, if you pay a one off fee at a website such as iPod Blender or My iPod Downloads, you will save big time in the long run.

First, we have My iPod Downloads - which arguably has the largest collection of music and video files for the iPod anywhere on the internet! It also offers an attractive and easy to use website with good technical support and all the services you come to expect. The cost to join is fairly competitive too; 1 year costing $29.95, 2 years costing $34.80 and lifetime membership costing only $39.95!

We also have iPod Blender, which is in every way as good as My iPod Downloads. The collection of music and videos is on par with My iPod Downloads, the website is also very attractive and easy to use and you also receive technical support when you sign up. However the cost is slightly better than My iPod Downloads, with lifetime membership costing only $37.00. Unfortunately, there is no 1 year or 2 year membership with this website.

Both websites also offer a host of bonuses when you sign up, including music and video converters for the iPod, a free media player and other assorted software and tutorials. My iPod Downloads probably beats iPod Blender is this category as they also provide you with free Spyware removal software - I have no idea why or how this is related to the iPod, but it’s a great bonus!

I couldn’t really find any negative aspects of either of these two websites, I also contacted some people who have been members of these two for a while and generally they all were very satisfied with the service that My iPod Downloads and iPod Blender offer. Unfortunately I couldn’t really tell the two websites apart, they are both of high quality and the choice is really up to you. However, I could safely say that they both leave the other ones on the net for dead!

No comments: